NiceHash is Back
The community is buzzing now that NiceHash is back online and the miners and their rigs are humming again.
NICEHASH IS BACK 👉https://t.co/GPTBTgO46S 💪
Please make sure to:
– Set a new password
– Set a new 2FA
– Do not use your old deposit address
– Generate a new NiceHash wallet address
– If you used NiceHash wallet address in NiceHash miner, you need to update it pic.twitter.com/cwpyXQFv2r
— NiceHash (@NiceHashMining) December 20, 2017
On December 20, 2017, after being hacked earlier in the month, NiceHash is back online and miners are thrilled.
For miners who feared they’d lost everything, the rebirth of Nicehash is a welcome early Christmas present. – https://news.bitcoin.com
There have been some minor issues and some slight changes. Coinbase withdrawals will be available soon
Dear NiceHash users!
We are currently working on implementing the direct transfer of your BTC funds to Coinbase. In the next few days, you will be able to withdraw your balance funds from NiceHash wallet to your Coinbase account without any fees and instantly! Minimum amount to withdraw will be set at 0.001 BTC. – https://www.nicehash.com/
One major change is in personnel. One of the founders has left the company and been replaced by two new members. The original founder will still retain the majority of company shares. Yes, the company does have an interesting past and the company’s owner has a misunderstood criminal background.
It is nice that NiceHash is back but, what should you do in order to make sure that you are protected in case they become targeted again. Some Redditors are already experiencing excess emails since the NiceHash hack.
How to avoid having your account compromised
- Use a separate email address for your online crypto accounts
- Use a hard wallet for withdrawals
- Use 2FA
- Use strong passwords – not dictionary words – use random strings of characters
- Back-Up everything
- Never invest more than one weeks pay unless you can cover your own loss
- Beware of phishing sites, spoof emails, and fake facebook admin pages
- Get a Coinbase account for faster withdrawals – https://www.coinbase.com/join/